Let us meet Keratoconus Expert Rajesh Khanna, MD. Once we get to know him better it would be easier to trust our eyes to him. Thousands of people from all over the world have chosen him to help them see better.
1.Passion and caring: We know that Keratoconus eye disorder is a lifelong disease. It starts in early childhood and relentlessly progresses like a wildfire during the teenage years. As one reaches their twenties, it slows the bulging and weakening of the cornea. It gets contained around the forties. So for most of your life you may have this problem. You need to look for a doctor who cares for his patients. This expert has to deal with kids and yes teenagers! Great bedside manners are needed to deal with the older age group.Dr. Khanna has received glowing testimonials from patients. You can watch you tube endorsements or read yelp and google reviews testifying this fact.
2. Residency in Ophthalmology in an accredited US based training Program After finishing medical school of 4 years duration, a doctor has to first to do a year of internship. If he is very good in his work and current eye surgeons feel he is of great caliber than he is accepted into a 3 year residency in eye surgery. He learns about medical management of eye diseases. Then he also performs eye surgery. Dr.Khanna did his residency from the well known SUNY Downstate accredited residency program.
3. Fellowship in Cornea from a prestigious University. Very few people can get accepted into training in a University based cornea fellowship program. The eye surgeon has to do research, get it published. He learns the skills of cornea surgery including management of keratoconus treatment. Dr. Khanna learn the art and skill of keratoconus and cornea surgery from the prestigious University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio.
4. Certification and Training in Intacs, cornea crosslinking, cornea transplant Intacs are FDA approved and are manufactured by Addition technology with an office in Illinois. They require every surgeon to undergo a didactic training program. A lab with surgery on non human eyes is conducted. Proctoring is essential on first human cases. Similarly, a trained CXL expert can only impart knowledge to a eye doctor wanted to perform cornea cross linking. Rajesh Khanna MD is an expert on the only FDA approved Avedro cornea collagen cross linking with Photrexa/ KXL system.
5. Experience and Skill in Management of Keratoconus. The surgeon you will entrust your vision to should have performed numerous surgical treatments of keratoconus. Evidence of this would be in you tube video testimonials, written testimonials, and online reviews from previous keratoconus patients. Dr. Khanna has been performing eye surgery for over two decades. As a keratoconus expert he has helped hundreds of keratoconus patients achieve better vision and return to active lifestyle.
6. Knowledge of Research of keratoconus eye disease. An expert in Keratoconus has to be upto date with the latest clinical and laboratory research in the subject of keratoconus. Around the world people are researching into causes and treatment of keratoconus. One procedure cannot fix all. Therefore rather than only focusing on or inventing one type of treatment, he needs to be aware of various newer approaches. He has to follow the research so that you can save your time avoiding doing it. He has to use his judgment to see which of the newer modalities will turn out to be good. In the United States its important to work with FDA. Non FDA approaches are not considered to be the right tactic. as will be evident from this website, the apps on keratoconus and the book on Keratoconus available on amazon, Keratoconus Doctor Dr.Khanna is aware and incorporates the latest research on Keratoconus emanating from around the world.
You may also want to read about keratoconus FAQ
A recognized Los Angeles Keratoconus Expert and master in the filed of corneal cross linking Rajesh Khanna, MD is available to help you attain better vision and halt the progression of your cornea. Labeled an expert in Keratoconus, he is passionate to restore an active lifestyle to you.
I am tired of wearing glasses and contacts. My vision is affecting my work. I am worried I may loose vision. I want to preserve my precious vision!